Wednesday, July 05, 2006








Okay, the arrangement of these photos are not how I would have liked...I'm still getting the hang of this blogging thing.

Hope you and your family had a nice 4th of July! Here are a few photos from our town's fireworks. Hubby and I had planned to go to my brother's to spend the day there but the weather was not cooperating so we didn't go. Bummed we were!! So instead, we started the day off by going to a small all-day carnival that's held at one of our local parks. Hence the picture of the funnel cake...can't leave a carnival with one...or two! Well, you could but that would just be craziness! LOL! We ended the night by watching our town's fireworks with my sister and her family, from our driveway. We have a really nice view, thanks to a tree that was struck by lightning a couple of years ago! And then after the "grand finale" of fireworks, hubby and I sit on the front porch and watch all the traffic. The park is so close to our house, that the streets are lined with cars, parked bumper to bumper. Lots of brake lights, families with strollers and oodles of teenagers! We just sat there with our dog and our sparklers! Happy 4th everyone! Hope yours was a memorable one!


As far as the scrapping world goes, I have a few challenges that I'd like to do..Janet's Mono challenge, Corey's Patriotic challenge and of course SBO's July contest. The sketch for week 1 looks awesome and I'd like to give it a try! And of course, there's always general scrapbooking thatI'd like to get caught up on. I was recently backing up all my photos and can't believe how many I've taken over the past couple of months! Better get crackin' on some LO's!! Happy scrappin' fellow srappers!

8 comments:

Krystin said...

wow!!! you got some great pics, nicole...guess some good can come from 'natural disasters' such as trees being struck by lightning...
glad you have such a great view...
we went to a different city for our canada day fireworks, so we wouldn't be sitting bumper to bumper like the last two years :)
and, yes, cannot leave without funnel cake :)

Happay Mommay aka Happay Scrappay said...

the blog opened up and all I could think was YUM!

Julie Ann Shahin said...

Excellent photos. We had some funnel cakes too yesterday.

Anonymous said...

Gimmee some of that funnel cake please. ;)
(hi Nicole! This is my first visit to your blog! I love it here!)

Corey W. said...

what awesome photos!!! Glad you had a wonderful 4th!!

Hi my name is Marjorie said...

Yay you updated...sounds like a wonderful 4th...Awesome photos!!!

Kristy said...

Those are some awesome pictures Nicole.... HI! :)

falwyn said...

love that photo of funnel cake especially... fabulous!