Monday, June 26, 2006

Thought I'd take my friend Nikki up on her Sunday blog challenge...even though it's Monday!
I never used to love summer because it was TOO hot and humid but for some reason, I'm really enjoying summer this year....Here's my list...


Top 10 Things I Love About Summer...

1. Watermelon...who doesn't love that sweet, pink, juicy
fruit?

2. Gardens...I love my veggies, herbs and flowers and I've
been blessed with a green thumb! Thanks Mom!

3. Swimming...so relaxing and refreshing!

4. The smell of fresh, cut grass...

5. Grilling out...it's easy and the smell of the grill just
seems to beckon summertime!

6. Driving in the car with the windows down, my arm
hangin' out, gettin' some sun!

7. New sunglasses...I LOVE new ones! It seems like I
always buy at least 3 pair...sheeesh...

8. Flip flops...even though I can't wear them anymore,
I used to love them!

9. Fireworks and parades...it seems to bring people out of
the woodwork!

10. Family bar-b-ques at Mom and Dad's...seeing the guys
playing frisbee golf, the girls on the porch talking and my
nephews running and playing all around. I love my
family!

7 comments:

Maryfrances Fabbri said...

1, 2, 5 and 8 are my favs. Have a super day lady!

Julie Ann Shahin said...

Awesome list!

Nikki said...

Enjoy your summer!

Beth said...

I agree on watermellon and flipflops absolutely! i just mowed our yard, so the smell of cut grass didn't make my top 10! :-)

Krystin said...

i *HEART* the smell of fresh cut grass...easily in the top 3 of my favourite smells...maybe even the top :)
very great list...love it

Kristy said...

Great list Nicole. Summer is great and the boys had their first bit of watermellon yesterday so I know they would agree with you!

Hi my name is Marjorie said...

I love your list except for the watermelon. (don't hate me) I'm not a watermelon person. *smiles*