Friday, June 01, 2007

All caught up







Card orders are completed, delivered and I am paid! Sure makes makes me happy when something I created is acknowledged; and for that I'm truly reaping what I've sown. It's a good feeling! Now cross your fingers that this will keep moving!

I completed an order for a very nice lady who had seen my graduation cards on display at Winan's (http://winanscandies.com). She called me (getting my number from the back of my cards on display!) and asked if I did custom orders. So she placed on order for 10 cards with their town's school colors. She picked them up last Friday and was very happy, which made me happy!

I also received a call from the bookkeeper at my brother in law's law firm. Apparently one of the ladies that worked in the office had went to Winan's for a coffee and bought one of my Mother's Day cards that were on display at that time. She brought it back to the office and they placed an order for 30 assorted cards to keep for fellow employees and clients. Every single, last card I made was a completely different design, so that was a huge challenge but they turned out nice. They requested 15 birthday, 5 get well, 5 sympathy and 5 thank-you's. I photographed them all separately but here's a sampling of them in stacks. Oh... and I asked my BIL if he was behind this and he said he didn't know anything about the order. That's awesome if it was totally without any "brotherly" initiation but even if he's saying that to be nice...bless him anyway! ;)

So at this moment, I have no cards orders, but I have other projects to work on. Non-paying, but nonetheless, projects. I have a circle journal that I need to finish and get sent off, I'd like to complete this week's challenge using felt and/or hand stitching on a layout (kind of getting late in the week now), as well as working on June's WAT layouts. I'd love to get them all done, but I doubt that will happen, but I'd like to try! The DT has a VERY fun kit for June and I can't wait to dive in!! :)

Our sista Nikki (sabren) has decided to step down from her DT position at SBO. Her and her family have wonderful things happening and I wish her the best of luck. I know she won't completely disappear, so I'm not really saying goodbye. :) ((Hugs)) Nikki! You can check out her gallery here. http://www.scrapbookeronline.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=348

Thanks again to Kelli (http://www.ksspecials.blogspot.com) for the blog push. She's a keeper for sure! Thanks girl, keep on me!

9 comments:

Carolyn Lontin said...

YAY for you - look at all of those gorgeous cards!!

Hi my name is Marjorie said...

Wow that's a lot of cards dear friend...WTG!!!!!
Excellent work as usual... :)

Jolene said...

I love seeing your card orders, and I REALLY love how you photograph them. I am so proud of you!

kelli said...

Wow how long did that take you to make them all. I do have to say I love how you took the pictures so artsy. Keep it up I want to be able to say I knew you when...

Corey W. said...

such pretty stacks! and I love how you tied the grad cards! very impressive and cute!

Anonymous said...

Nicole, wowsers! You are excelling at this business! Go girl!
Enjoy this breath, even though you still have lots of challenges on the go, I reckon the next lot of customers won't be far off!

Krystin said...

you are amazing, Nicole!!! and those cards are magnificent...it'll be no time, I am sure, till you have more card orders to fill :)

Leslie said...

Gorgeous cards, Nicole! I'm gonna have to start checking out your blog to get card inspiration. ;) Still happy and excited for you with the new business. :)

Anonymous said...

Such pretty cards, Nic!
katherine